Déjà vu "The experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced b4"

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fish Vazhayilayil Pollichathu n Palappam












This is a Recipe which I  have love n like....Alleppy and Kuttanad is famous for its fish Recipes.My dad is also from Kuttanad. My dad always says about  Meen Vzhayilayil Pollichathu his mother used to make  and that is one among the best thing he cherish about his mother as well as he miss too. And when ever my mother tries to do this he always says it cannot beat the Pollichathu which his mother used to make. I think my dad will have the same opinion even if he tastes mine. I hope my parents will be coming here next month. So as a trial I prepared this Recipe.One important note about this  recipe is "The fish should be very very Fresh" else it will spoil your entire recipe.


I hope all knows how to prepare Palappam. If not in some other post I will share the method.

Ingredients.

Step - 1

Fish- 1/2 kg ( I used white Pomfret)

Turmeric Powder - 1 Tspn

Pepper Powder- 1 Tspn

Salt

Vinegar.

Marinate the fish with above ingredients and keep aside for 1/2 hr. After that slightly fry fish with less oil..

Ingredients

Step -2

Shallots - 25 No's

Tomato  - 1 No

Ginger Garlic paste - 1 Tblspn

Turmeric - 1 Tspn

Coriander  - 1/2 Tspn

Red chilly Powder - 1 1/2 Tspn

Eastern Fish Masala - 11/2 Tspn

Tamarind Juice  - 3 Tspn

Fenugreek Powder - 1 1/2 Tspn

Coconut Milk - 1/2 Coconut

Oil

Curry Leaves

Plantain Leaves

Preparation

Add oil to pan the add ginger garlic paste , shallots, tomato, curry leaves once its half done add all the powders. Saute well and add the tamarind juice at end.

Take plantain leaves place it one flame so that it will be come soft. Place some portion of masala , then  keep the fried fish and then place the rest of masala on top of fish. Then add 1 or 2 table spoon of coconut milk and the some fresh curry leaves fold in a way which I have shown in the picture. Take a big pan. Add some oil place this pack in to the pan. And keep on low flame. Place a vessel containing water on top of the Packed Fish so it will be cooked nicely. Cook for fifteen minutes .In between turn both sides. Fish Vazhayilayil Pollichathu ready. Recipe is not that very easy. It need time and patience.


0 comments:

Post a Comment