Déjà vu "The experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced b4"

Monday, September 13, 2010

Harrrrrrrrppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Holiday



The day which EID was declared I was not having any idea how to spend those two days holidays. When ever I start a write up I always start with a negative note. I don’t know what to write…but really on that day I had no idea what to do for those precious two days holiday. Once is a blue moon only I will get a holiday like that…

On the Thursday I left from office by sharp 3 itself. I was overwhelming with joy becos 2 days holidays…The day one morning 8 itself I started with my Biriyani. Last day evening itself I went to a shopping mall n purchased all the stuffs required for biriyani...That was an internet biriyani.So I downloaded the recipe and took a print of it…




Coming to the biriyani.....Yeah I downloaded the recipe of Thalacheri mutton biriyani....
The day before the Eid a friend of mine gave me a link about star signs. I am a Taurean…the good thing in my star sign was that Taurean’s are very good at cooking. With that positive note and the self confidence. or may be over confidence , I started my cooking…I made some amendment n changed mutton biriyani recipe to chicken biriyani…yeah from starting itself the gravy n all came out well...n aroma of spices were good too. At the end of the Biriyani story there is one mixing of the rice n gravy should happen. The first layering was good…in btwn my husband was appreciating my ability in cooking. I was in cloud 9 and did the second layer...Oops..The gravy was lil more n the whole rice in the top layer was drenched in gravy…so I was totally helpless I just mixed the whole rice n gravy…as an excuse I named it Hyderabadi Biriyani…That’s how my Thalacheri mutton biriyani turned out to Hyderabadi Chicken biriyani…By gods grace the biriyani taste good only…


So had Biriyani very nicely a lil Biriyani was transferred to my neighbor aunty…Even she also did biriyani I got Mutton Biriyani as parcel…After that slept for a while n went out for a small shopping…then got a call from my frnd…shez coming home tmrw… the person who is gonna come is one among my best frnds..My room mate classmate study mate even we are from same place to… I was so happy n excited. Was thinking what to give her once she comes home. I was scared like after having my food whether she will come again… The one n only person who consume my food is my hubby…He always have the same comment.”Superrrrrrrrrrrrrr” may be becos of my torture only he says the same comment again again n again...Y I said torture becos even if for one day if he says some ingredient is more in my recipe …I will argue n make him say that…this is also good...That’s how he save himself.. Yeah coming back to my story...So dropped the idea of cooking when she comes home…But planned to make some snacks n all…




Day 2 woke up by 5:30 itself…for some cleaning stuff n all…becos of my excitement I was not able to sleep…Ystday itself planned to make so Medu Vedas(UZHUNNU VADA)…Even I gave a hands on experience to my husband to make him understand how to fry Medu Vadas...(For rest of the snacks i should again say thanks to Yousuf Ali) My frnd bichi n family came by 12 afternoon...Bichi is always very caring…Some weeks back I remember I told her like I just like idiyappam…When she came she prepared n get me a parcel of idiyappam…The only one thing I didn’t like is like she didn’t bring any curry for that lol…She left the choice of curry to me…After a small chit chat n gossip session we went out to an Indian restaurant. We all badly felt to have Sadya because for past few days my frnd was fed up with the Non vegetarian food .But we reached the Restaurant too late that we didn’t get meals. So again back to biriyani.But me ordered a Butter Naan with some chicken recipe…At the end a” Maggie I will Pay the bill” game was there.. Hopefully those who watched that srinivasan movie will understand the comedy. There was a tug of war btwn my husband my friend’s husband for the Bill Payment... At last it was paid by ikka… (My Frnds Hubby)not even a glance I didn’t see that bill. (You will be thinking. clever couple right) but we never want them to pay the bill…

From there we all went to the Grand Mosque of Abudhabi...I was here in Abu Dhabi for 1 n half yrs not even once I visited that place. But it was worth visiting it. We all marched to the mosque. At the corridor the security blocked me n my frnd and we both were asked to wear a Abaya (Parda)…There it self we will be provided with parda…I was soo happy to wear it becos it was my great time wish to wear a Abaya..My frnd is a Muslim so she helped me to wear the scarf in the Traditional Muslim style…At first sight…my hubs was literally shocked to see me in an Abaya...I was walking through like the best dress which suits for me is an Abaya….Then me started with photo session. Every one in my gang was fed up taking my pics…I was taking n deleting the pics which I felt like I look dark…hehhehehe.At last among 30 pics clicken!!!only two or three I liked :), from there itself it was hosted to my FB….I was like ohhh I did it….





It was around 6 even we all were back home had a tea n my bichoo said tata bye bye to me with her usual style of hugging…But the best thing is like…this holiday was not at all like my rest holidays…On a normal holiday. I used to be too lazy that hardly like to go out unless n until I will be offered some nice food or some other things which are very tempting to me…




Next day is Sunday …yeah have to be back to the Hectic schedules…Work Office Classes…

Waiting for another holiday…..

0 comments:

Post a Comment